Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spring Holiday

I love holidays so much!

I've just had the past week and a half off work to hang out with my Parents who have come over from New Zealand to visit Mike and I. We have had a fabulous time travelling around Hokkaido.

Day One:
Picked up Mum and Dad from Chitose Airport and drove to Biei. Here we stayed at the Potato-no-Oka YHA. It was great, we had a wee cottage to ourselves, and although we had to share a tatami room with M&D, it was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel. We had dinners and one breakfast at this place, and it was great food. Chicken one night and fish the next. mmmm,mmmm!

Day Two:
Went on a day trip to Sounkyo Gorge. This is a Onsen resort town and although we didnt go to the Onsen we had a great time exploring. Highlights were the rope way up Mt Kurodake, and viewing the ice festival sculptures. These sculptures were quite unlike the Sapporo festival ones, perhaps more 'organic' looking. (I'll try to post some pics soon).

Day Three:
We checked out of Biei today and headed south. Before leaving Biei we went to the Shinzo Maeda Gallery. He is a famous Japanese landscape photographer. Here is one of his photos. We bought a poster of one of his photos. Next we drove through Furano, we didnt really do much here, just tried to find a shopping centre but got lost so kept going. This night we stayed in Sapporo. For dinner we wanted to take M&D to a great Yakitori place we had been to in the past, but alas, we couldnt find it.

Day Four"
Wandered about Sapporo. Went to Tanuki-koji, Tokyu Hands, Odori Park, M&D went up the TV Tower, and we eventually ended up in the Station. Mum and Dad bought a new digital camera, and we got a neck strap for ours (exciting eh?). Today was Dad's birthday so we went to the Kirin Beer Garden for dinner. Oh I love Gengis Khan! meat meat meat!

Day Five:
Left Sapporo and went to a Historical Village just out of Sapporo on Route 12. This was ok, but i think i've been to better places. we just got tired doing all of that walking! We then took our time getting to Bibai where my first Musical performance was to be held. On arrival in Bibai, we checked M&D in to their hotel and then went to the onsen. The "Grotto Azzure" is really nice. Mum and I enjoyed sitting outside in the Rottemburo enjoying the warm water and the snow around us! Tonight Mike and I stayed with the other Musical Jets at the Bibai Catholic Church.

more later... getting tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,How are you?
I'm sumiyo,do you remember me?
Thanks for E-mail and your blog's adress!I ineresting in the blog.
see you again!