Sunday, September 10, 2006

Costco


Today, Becki, Emily and I went to Costco.

It was the first time I have ever been to Costco. And it seems that this makes me somewhat of a freak. Apparently Americans love this place but i have to say, I didn't see any Marmite or Cadbury's chocolate so I'm not convinced it's so great.

When I got home i described the place to Mike. "Imagine Pac'nSave on a Sunday afternoon. Then add Taipei people numbers. Then add American style food portions and double it. That's Costco."

Costco is a bulk food warehouse. Becki has been shopping there a few times for us and we have appreciated the bagels in particular. Today we spent a lot of money but should be set for food for quite a while.

Purchases that made me happy:

  • avocados
  • camembert
  • fresh mozzarella
  • bagels
  • rotisserie chicken
Other stuff that made me happy:
  • smelling the passion fruit
  • looking at the gorgeous pre-made salads
  • remembering shopping with my mummy when we got to the checkout
  • pushing a shopping trolley up an escalator
Stuff that scared me:
  • shelving 10 m high
  • store clerks checking to see if we had a membership card before we entered the building
  • store clerks checking to see if we had a membership card after we left the building
  • store clerks checking our docket when we left the store
  • the feeling that we were consumer cows at milking time
  • being able to read every label in the store

No comments: