Auckland - it'll grow on you
I took these photos in two different parks within walking distance of our home in Greenlane, Auckland. Seeing this kind of stuff makes me think - huh, NZ really is the best place in the world!
No, it's not a Kiwi, its a hedgehog! Yah! I love those funny little creatures. We found this guy in Mt Hobson park. We stood and watched him for about 5 mins then walked away. A dog walked past 1 min later with his owner and didn't even notice the hedgehog - stupid dog!
These cows are not on my Dad's farm, but in Cornwall park. Right in the middle of Auckland. (Suburbia mind you, but only 6 mins walk from our house). Cool eh?
Cornwall Park.
One Tree Hill. (for my international readers - this hill used to have one tree on the top, next to the cenotaph but it was cut down by protesters. You can read more about it here on Wikipedia)
I have to admit. I have been a little doubtful about settling in Auckland.... but it really does have some very pretty spots. it is definately growing on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment