Homecoming
Well, we're home!
We've eaten fish and chips, decent chocolate, corned beef, barbecue, mashed potatoes... and I've cooked one Thai meal!
It's been just over a week since we arrived home and so far we are loving it. My mum & Dad picked us up from the airport, along with my older bro Stephen. They took us to Newmarket, Auckland for lunch and then to Mike's brother's place. We'll be living with Aidan and Libby this year.
With Aidan & Libby we did a little exploring around Auckland. It is the first time I have lived in NZ's largest city, so Libby is on a mission to make me love it! But mostly we relaxed and recovered from our jet lag.
Then we jumped on the naked bus to Hamilton where we spent the afternoon playing with Meegan and Jordan (my brother Andrew's kids) and catching up Raewyn and Andrew.
That evening we caught a ride with Richard and Larissa (M's bro) to Tokoroa where we were reunited with M's Mummy and Daddy!
And so, here we are hanging out in oh so excited Tokoroa. We are having a good time though, chilling out, walking around the small town and watching lots of Sky TV.
I've started my job search... sigh. And am really hoping I get the first job I've applied for - cause I hate looking for work. Prayers appreciated.
Tomorrow we head to Matamata to catch up with my M&D. Then we'll go back up to Auckland for a few days then down to Wellington for my little brothers wedding! Yeah!
I will write another blog soon... photos promised... SEA highlights... etc.
But for now - Ka kite ano! See you again!
4 comments:
Welcome home guys : )
Can't wait to see you in Wellington
lv
Susi
Glad to hear you made it home. We have enjoyed the pictures of your travels. Can't wait to the hear the highlights.
Which Thai dish did you make? How did it turn out??
Hey we'll be back in Kiwi land in August, Pukekohe in fact, can't wait to hook up and swap adventure stories. Still bummed that we missed you in Angkor wat by like a week or 2!
Love us
Post a Comment