Getting around Hanoi
In Taiwan we thought that having a whole family on a scooter was dangerous, we never thought we would do it...
One of the cheapest ways to get around Hanoi is by Xe Om (motorcyle). Men wait on the side of the street and whenever tourists walk past they say "motorcyle?". If you want to go somewhere you jump on the back and away you go! Three adults on one bike, no helmets.
We've done it about three times so far. It's actually pretty fun as long as you dont think about falling off.
The second kind of transport that we've used is Cyclo. This is a bicycle with a seat on the front. It kind of looks like a love-seat on wheels. The driver pedals and you sit and watch the city roll by. Today we took one for quite a distance and I am sure the driver says telling me I was too fat when we got off!
1 comment:
I think the driver is crazy! Don't trust him. Due to the tiredness, the
driver would say that! BTW, you have
the special experience for a new transportation. Enjoy your trip!
Give me more about your trip!
Take care!
p.s: I have a new blog and welcome to
my blog. It is written in
English!
Post a Comment